Key Exclusions & Conditions
To fully understand the insurance cover you are about to receive and make sure our policy is suitable for your device, please read through the key exclusions and conditions.
1. Your policy provides unlimited replacements and repairs per device during each 12-month period of your policy.
2. Details of any replacement device (IMEI/serial number) must be sent with proof of purchase to Mobile Phone Insurance Direct in writing or by email.
3. Your device must be less than three years old and supported with valid proof of purchase from a Irish VAT registered company.
4. Second-hand or used devices cannot be covered by our policy, regardless of where they have been purchased.
5. Policy cover is subject to payment of the premium by SEPA direct debit or credit card – premiums must be up to date other than during the cooling off period.
6. You must be a Irish resident and at least 18 years of age at the start of your policy cover.
7. In the event of fraud non-disclosure or alteration of risk, the policy can be cancelled.
8. Any claims which would be covered under any other device insurance policy.
9. If we replace your device, the damaged item falls under our possession. If it is returned or found, you must notify Mobile Phone Insurance Direct and send it to us if requested.
10. All other costs are specifically excluded that are directly or indirectly caused by the event which led to your claim unless specifically stated in this policy unless relating to airtime abuse for your device up to a maximum of €10,000.
– Any large scale manufacturer defect.
– Any claim where the Insured event occurs outside of the period of insurance.
– Any new claim for the device if there is already an ongoing claim which has not been finalised due to any outstanding referrals and/or is awaiting validation proof that has not yet been supplied the policy excess.
– Any claim where all reasonable precautions have not been taken.
– Any claim notified where pre-existing damage is evident and occurred prior to the inception of your policy.
– Any claim where the circumstances cannot be clearly identified i.e. where you are unable to confirm the date and time of the occurrence.
– Any loss or accidental damage where your device is not fitted with an active functioning SIM or where your network provider cannot verify the device has been in in active use since the inception of the policy and up to the event giving rise to the claim.
– Any claim where proof of usage cannot be provided or evidenced and must show the IMEI of the device on cover.
– The cost of replacing any stored data or information including but not limited to tunes, songs, personalised ring tones, pictures, films, graphics, downloaded material or software whether arising as a result of a claim paid by this Insurance or otherwise.
– Theft or loss of the device where you have not notified your network provider and blacklisted it within 24 hours of discovery of loss or theft.
– Theft or loss of the device left unattended when it is away from your home.
– Any claim for theft of your device when stolen from a motor vehicle unless the device is out of view in either an enclosed compartment, boot or luggage space and the vehicles windows and doors are closed and locked and all security systems are activated. In the event of theft of your device from a vehicle we will require sight of a repair invoice in relation to any damage caused to the vehicle which must be supplied with your claim.
– Theft or loss of the device not reported to the police and/or Report My Loss within 48 hours and where you have not obtained valid crime reference number/reference.
– Any claim presented under loss as an alternative to an unsuccessful theft claim.
– Repairs carried out by third party repair centres not authorised or agreed for use by us.
– Correction of devices where inadequate repairs have been carried out by third party repair centres.
– Cosmetic damage that does not affect the functionality or operation of your device.
– Any amount recoverable under any guarantee warranty or other insurance.
– Gradual deterioration, mechanical or electrical breakdown of the device or an internal cause affecting the smooth running or functionality of the device damage or loss of functionality caused by software viruses.
– Loss of use or any other related or connected loss the Insured may incur as a result of Loss, Theft or Accidental Damage to the device.
– Accidental damage to the device caused by the insured deliberately neglecting it.
– Loss, destruction or damage contributed to or arising from riots, strikes, civil commotion or any act of terrorism.
– Any process of heating, drying, cleaning, dyeing, alterations or repair to which the device is subjected to, and any damage caused by solar irradiation.
– We will not provide cover, pay any claim or provide any benefit if doing so would expose us to any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom or United States of America.