How to Make a Claim
We understand that being without your phone is enough of a pain without having to battle with lengthy and complicated claims forms.
We’ve made our claims process as simple as possible and built around you, the customer. Below are a few tips for what to do in the event of a claim:
1. Make sure you let us know about your claim as soon as possible, by giving us a call on 01-6950630 or emailing email@example.com
2. Once you’ve let us know about your claim, one of our team will guide you through the claims process to make sure your claim is being handled promptly, as well as to run through what documentation you’ll need to support your claim.
3. When your claim has been approved and your excess has been paid, we’ll get your phone repaired or send you a replacement if it’s lost, stolen or irreparable.
If your device has been lost or stolen there are a few additional steps that you will need to follow:
- Advise the Police within 48 hours of discovery of the loss/theft and obtain a crime reference which we will need to assist us when reviewing your claim
- Notify your network provider within 24 hours of discovery of the loss/theft so that they may block your device and SIM card – we will need evidence of this when reviewing your claim. Please also note that any claim for unauthorised charges, limited up to a maximum of 24 hours from the point of the loss/theft of the device, will only be considered if you have notified your network provider.
- Make sure you have reported the loss or theft to the establishment where the incident occurred as it may be handed in to lost property – we will ask for these details and all other actions you have taken to try and be reunited with your device.
- You must be able to provide proof of usage from your Network that confirms your device has been in use since the policy started and up to the event giving rise to your claim.
As mentioned, there are certain requirements that will assist us in assessing your claim. To assist we have added a helpful guide to support you during this claim process;
Removal of Find My iPhone
Step 1. Go to “Find My iPhone” on iCloud.com.
Step 2. Click “all devices”. Select the device.
Step 3. When the device is erased, click “Remove from Account”.
Removal of a Google Account from your device
Step 1. Go to “Settings” > “Accounts”. Select “Google” and select the account you want.
Step 2. Tap the menu icon. Select “Remove account”.
Step 3. Click “Remove account” on the pop up and confim to delete your Google account from Android.
Note – removing the account will delete all of its messages, contacts and other data from the device.